Saturday 15 August 2009

Rocky the Otterhound: Camping weekend- Part 2. A running line and friends means fun and games!

The day starts peacefully enough ......

A beautiful sunny morning and our doggy pals are on the running line or pegged out in the sun.

First order of the day is watch as our canvas home is steadily taken down .......

So interesting ...... Apparently!





Although the warm sun has the ability to relax your average Otterhound .......... And they seem quietly contented ........

....... Rest assured they are ready to bounce up and join in any fun that comes their way ......

......... Happy Otterhounds!


Aahhhh! Rocky's favourite ........ Push between 'mum's" legs and get a good back scratching!!

Otterhound heaven!

A word of warning ..... Be aware that your Otterhound is liable to sit down suddenly ..... If this happens while you are in this position you will be propelled forward at a great rate of knots!

We have head-butted several pieces of furniture due to their propensity for this!! ...... And yes, it does seem to cause them a great deal of amusement!!!!



It takes a little while to dismantle our weekend home .......

....... And the natives are getting restless!!









"I know; I'll tickle my scenting bones"!











"Anything tickly Rocky"?

"Nothing new since last night"!








"What about you Daisy, found anything interesting"?

"Well ...... Yes"!! "I found a couple of water bowls"!!!

"Oh". "Well done Daisy ....... Then".





"You getting bored Rosie"?

"Yep".

"OK, Watch out ..... I know how to make an Otterhound go PING"!









................... PING ..................

.................. "Ha, Ha"!! ...............











"Right, I'm going to get you" ..........













"Not if I get you first" ........













"Got you ........... You're it"!










"Actually, I've got a better idea .......... Let's have a tussle and see if we can get Rocky going too"!










"What're you guys doing"?

"Anyone would think you were puppies or something"!










"Oh no ........ No ....... No you don't"!












"Har har ....... Ambush"!!!!











"Te he, that was fun" ...........










"OK, very funny ......... Now what are you up to"?











"I luv you Rosie ....... Can I play"?












........ The half "PING"!











........... The other half "PING"!











"Hooray ..... Games on"!!!











.................. "You're it"! ..................











"Right, I'm off to see if Bertie wants to play".










"Are you gonna play Rocky"?

"Yes, I'm playing Umpire".















"Ludo's taking too long ......... Let's wrestle"!











"I have you pinned down and the umpire's counting" ..........









"And she breaks away before being counted out"!










"The face off" .........












"Come and get me" ............













"I said come and get me Daisy" ...........













"Look ....... I'll even play dead" ..........











"Aha! That did it"!













"Phew, don't know about you but I'm getting tired"!











"You're one of my bestest pals you know".











"OK ........ But you're it"!!












"Oooh you ........ Now I'm all PINGY again .........
Aha, here's Ludo ......... I know who's going to be it next"?!!!!!








And so the morning passed without a dog feeling that time was wasting .........

......... But they all got a little tired!







Little tired Rosie .......... Aaaah!













Rocky just had to lay down for a bit and regain some composure.









"Mmmmm what a quandary! Should I have a snooze now or later"?













A response to "mummy" calling him a lazy hound!!












"I'm not lazy ......... I'm second best Labradoodle friend you know"!!










But the mornings playtime had taken it's toll on all of them ........ And really, there was nothing else for it .........







So ........

Although still early in the day ......

Night night Rocky .........

Sleep well and dream of fun and games!





Our thanks to Charlotte and Mark for their great photography!


3 comments:

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

what a great camping vacation - and looks like you occupied each other while your pawrents were cleaning up

Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ

bbes tribe said...

What a great vacation..Camping and playing with your furriends. How did you keep from getting all tangled?? You must be good.
Tailwags
Ernie & Sasha

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

wow these are great pictures, i have to say i can't take my eyes off Rocky--he is so big huh? and he has such a sweet expression too. sigh--someday i will have one of these dogs, even if i have to go to England to get it! haha!